Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother's Day

When Matt and I found out we were expecting an addition to our family, I asked him, "When you think you will start feeling like a Dad?"  He said that he already did.  It took me a while longer to have that feeling, but now that I can feel the baby moving around all the time, it is defintely real. 

I wasn't expecting anything for Mother's day since Baby Opitz hasn't arrived yet, but I have really thoughtful parents.  Today I received such an amazing and unexpected gift from them.  Two of my favorite things (can you guess?), but the packaging made this feel like a personal invitation to a Royal Wedding.  The process of opening the gift was amazing, so I documented each step!
It smelled like heaven!  Immaculate packaging and presentation.

Gorgeous box with a tufted lid!

At first, I thought it was an immaculate display of flowers... and it is, but there's more.

Gorgeous, if you don't already know this about me, I LOVE flowers!  Freshly cut or potted, edible or for looks.  They always make me happy and I love gardening.  It's my therapy after a long day. 

"Oh wow, how amazing that it comes with the soil in tact so you can plant them to grow... wait... that's not..."

CAKE!!!!!  YES, CAKE!
Yes, a chocolate cake topped with gorgeous flowers!  Honestly one of the most special gifts ever!

I would like to say Happy Mother's day to my mom, Brenda.  (You can be Trixie all day on Mother's day!)  Matt and I love you, your personality and your unconventional ways.  You were a wonderful mother to John and I growing up and still managing to own and run a business and commute 2 hours a day to get your accounting degree.  I can't imagine how much you had on your plate with 11 and 13 year old kids.  I am really proud of you and all of your accomplishments.  I love you!

To Lochie, we are very blessed to have you in our lives and in the same town.  It's wonderful having family nearby to call and get dinner with so frequently.  You have raised an amazing family with great morals and values.  There's a special place in Heaven for mother's of three boys!  We look forward to all the great times ahead.  Happy Mother's day, we love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment